Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Smaller Alt. Pulley.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I need to know what smaller pulleys will fit on our (Gen 9) 95 amp alternators? I just need this junkyard upgade until I can do a 3G conversion, this 30 amp draw fan is killin me...and my battery. My alternator is on it's way out anyways so I'm having it rebuilt and turned up tomorrow. But, wouldn't hurt to have a bit more spinnage. Thanks guys.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Go to your local auto electric shop. My guy hooked me up with a bolt-on 130 amp alternator that has a lot of juice in the low rpm's that's popular with the snow plow guys.

Ryan

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Go to your local auto electric shop. My guy hooked me up with a bolt-on 130 amp alternator that has a lot of juice in the low rpm's that's popular with the snow plow guys.

Ryan

yupp the model number is 7771 i think its for a tuarus is a direct bolt on 130 amp alt even for my gen8

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I didn't convert anything-- I just upgraded to the 130amp. Only problem was that my particular truck uses a side-mount alternator and the taurus uses a pivot mount, so I had to swap the guts from a good pivot mount unit into a garbage side mount unit's housing to use it on my truck.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Just make sure it's the right case-- there are 3 different styles and 3 different regulator clockings:

Case styles:
3Galternator24.gif

Clockings:
3Galternator25.gif

The clocking can be adjusted after you buy the alternator by removing the case bolts and spinning it, but it's just a pain in the butt if you can avoid it by getting the right one in the first place.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts