Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Where is a good place to buy tires for cheap?

Hi guys. Im looking to get some new tires for my stock rims for winter driving. Right now I believe I have 275/75/18 on them. They are the BFG Rugged Trails which I hate. I wana get something more aggresive and maybe a little bigger. Dont wana go real crazy on the size and the price cause they will only be used maybe 3 or 4 months a year. I was looking at General Grabber AT/2. Look just like the BFG AT but cheaper. But Im open to really anything. Also what is the next size up from the 275/75/18? Im thinking about going a little bigger and maybe a little wider. Thanks

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
We're not just pushing them for cash either. It's a great deal how it works out. Brad & I have both bought from them. The prices are very competitive and you can install them anywhere....

Ryan

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Click on the Tire Rack button on our home page and check their price. If you do buy from them, go to their site from ours and we'll get the credit for your purchase.

Oh man I wish I knew that. I just got some tires from them for my sister's truck. :headbang:

Ok I will give them a look at. It sucks I need to buy winter tires cause I put them off last year which I really needed and now look back on and said it was stupid. Then this spring Im going to have to buy some new summer tires. I have had these ones for 3 years.

I dont know what I wana do on my summer tires. I know Im going to upgrade to 35/12.50/17 but I dont know if I wana stick with the Mickey Thompson Baja Mtz or try something else. I have had good luck with the Mtz but dont know how the others compare. I like the looks of the Toyo Open Country Mt but just dont how they are. Hard to try something new when you have good luck with something else.

Another thing Im not good at tire sizes other than like 33/12.50/17 or 35/12.50/17 but I dont know to much when it comes to sizes like 275/75/17. But anyways I was looking at tire rack and I think im going to stick with the general grabber at/2 for my winter tires but here is my question. Which would you go with? 275/70/18 or 285/60/18.

Correct me if Im wrong but the 275/70/18 are shorter but wider than the 285/60/18. The 285/60/18 are just taller. How much wide are the 275/70? I would really like to find 285/75/18 or even 275/75/18 but I cant find that size.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
the first number is the width of the tire in millimeters. The second number is the height of the sidewall in relation to the tread width measured in %. The third number is simply the wheel height.

Ryan

Fellro

Staff member
I got tires from them last spring for the wife's car, better price for the exact same tire from the local Tires Plus... I rolled past one of their distribution centers a few weeks ago... I too wish I had known you guys got the credit for going there as well...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If tire Rack has what you want, all I hear is good about them. As for brand, General is a pretty darn good alternative tire...personally, I'd use their AT before a BFG AT. For the MTZ's, never had a set, but hear nothing but good about them, especially if this is just gonna be a street rig.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts