Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Quick Question

Anybody have any idea what these trucks weigh? My particular truck is a 66' Merc. M100 1/2, twin I beam...

Looking for a # so that I can figure out roughly how much HP I need to be competitive.

Thanks!

Derek.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
oh...... sounds sweet... but why use the rare Mercury truck? are you gonna restore the body to stock but the only thing diffent will be drivetrain/suspension, basically easy enough to go back to stock years down road...

Should be around 6,000 or so maybe less dependin on the bed length.

My dads 77' 1/2 Ton 4x4 is that heavy!

This thing should be around 4500 LBS. according to others that own similar trucks

Thanks for the guess though!

Well Chris.... This thing will probably never go back to the stock configuration ever again... I'm not much for the original trucks, kinda ugly in stock form actually :p.... But hey, to each his own.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
You're looking at around 3700-4k... if I've done my research properly.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
My 79 shortbox was around 4600lbs when I checked it on the scales. GVW is 6050. I'm guessing your estimate of 4500 is probably pretty close.

My 79 shortbox was around 4600lbs when I checked it on the scales. GVW is 6050. I'm guessing your estimate of 4500 is probably pretty close.

Should be one fast son of a goose when I'm done, providing I can make it hook... Building a competitive motor off the hop is quite intimidating. Good thing I have guys like Carl and Paul Kane to help me out!

Thanks for your help guys.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Should be one fast son of a goose when I'm done, providing I can make it hook... Building a competitive motor off the hop is quite intimidating. Good thing I have guys like Carl and Paul Kane to help me out!

Thanks for your help guys.

Best of luck with it Derek!..and be sure to post pics and progress reports :D

Best of luck with it Derek!..and be sure to post pics and progress reports :D

You bet, Thanks!

I'll be driving it a while this year, then parking it... During the winter months, funds will start to add up... Wish I had a daddy that could pay for everything... ha ha..

You're looking at around 3700-4k... if I've done my research properly.

Very close Austin! shortbed will be 34-3500, long bed 37-3900
depends on f100 vs 250 6 cyl vs V8 etc....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts