Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lube points on a 1970 F-100

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Anyone have a diagram detailing the lube points for a 1970 F-100. Don't want to miss any. If I remember correctly from my Marine days, you just put the grease gun fitting over the grease fitting on the vehicle and pump until grease comes out.... Correct?

Wipe off the grease zerk and the tip of the grease gun... Any dirt that gets into the joint will reduce its life...

Do NOT fill until the grease comes out of the boot seal. You only need to add 1-3 pumps, no need to fill the entire boot. If grease can get out, dirt can get in.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I usually put grease in until I see the boot swell up a bit. Sometimes it comes out, but I usually try to just watch the boot just swell a little so you know it is in there.

This reminds me of a story:

When I first started fixing cars I did an oil change for a guy and he was always complaining about how no one ever greases the frontend. Well he came in with a truck that couldn't be raised on any of the lifts we had because of some homeade running board brackets. I did the oil change on my back so I wasn't greasing anything for the money he was spending. He came back the next day complaining and yelling and made me grease the truck outside in like 30 degree weather. I used the WHOLE grease gun. Popped every boot and watched a trail of grease ooze to the ground. The next time he came back I asked if he wanted me to grease the truck again. He said ' no thanks' :rofl2:

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
ok, never mind about me needing help replacing the clutch : )

Any idea where I can get a lube point diagram for my truckster?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Haha

No I have no idea. But There should be fittings on most stuff in the frontend and fittings on your u-joints. Some u-joints aren't greasable and some frontend parts aren't either depending on the brand of replacement parts. Don't forget to repack your hub bearings since you don't want to miss anything :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts