Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Clutch Kits for a 1970 F-100

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
A very knowledgeable friend of mine recommended that I go with a Borg Warner
complete clutch kit to replace the one I have in my 1970 F-100. My truck shakes violently when I release the clutch from a dead start in first gear.

Could not find on Summitt or Jeg's. Does anyone know where I can get one and/or if there is another good clutch kit I can get. He warned me that the kit would be around $400 bucks.... I just about crapped my pants... I'm trying to get this thing running good on the cheap.

Fellro

Staff member
LuK makes a good clutch set as well. Autozone can get it for free shipping, Carolina Clutch is another good outlet, but have to pay shipping there.

Fellro

Staff member
Never heard of that brand, so can't say. Depends what you want, stock type performance or an upgrade. Autozone has the Duralast lifetime set at $5 less than that, and if one is local to you, you don't have shipping. The LuK kit is $173, but you have to order it, but again, no shipping if local, lifetime warranty.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Looked at the AZ kit, but was worried since I have heard mixed reviews about AZ stuff. From what I have heard, Borg Warner sold their clutch division to Brute Power.

Ford Truck Articles