Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ranger bed info needed

FTF'er
The truck I have is a '93 Ranger supercab with a shortbed, the regular side one. I need a new bed. Most of the beds I look at have a couple certain areas that are rusted out.

Now, what about a stepsi... I mean a flareside bed? Is the entire side of that thing plastic? I hate the flareside look, but I may do it if it means rustfree.

Also, what years will fit?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
The "flared" fenders (bedsides) are fiberglass.

The inner box is steel...though it's better protected and thus slower to rust than the bedsides on a regular bed.

I believe in general on the beds, they say '93+ are the same, though I do know my '09 has more bolts (10) holding the bed down than my '97 (6) ...so somewhere along the line, something must have changed at least a little.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
yeah the Flareside beds are all fiberglass on the outside and metal on the inside...

just the fiberglass is fairly easy to bust and is pretty tough to fix yourself or expensive if a shop does...

FTF'er
Thanks. If I can't find a good regular bed, then I'll get a flare side. There's one on craigslist with a mismatched tailgate for $500... seems a bit high to me?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Thanks. If I can't find a good regular bed, then I'll get a flare side. There's one on craigslist with a mismatched tailgate for $500... seems a bit high to me?

Not a clue on what's a reasonable price for such a thing...but as I'm thinking about it, you'll probably need a new fuel-filler neck...and, I think, taillights, too. If the bed you're looking at doesn't include those items, factor their cost into the price- a filler neck is probably close to $100 if you can't find a good used one.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts