Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

get rid of old outlines?

My truck used to be a work truck and had writing on the tailgate. They pulled off all the lettering and such, but now where the letters were the paint is much cleaner/shinyer, etc. since it had who knows how many years less sun and weather hitting it.

How do I get rid of this, or blend it in so it's not visible?

blacksnapon

Staff member
My truck used to be a work truck and had writing on the tailgate. They pulled off all the lettering and such, but now where the letters were the paint is much cleaner/shinyer, etc. since it had who knows how many years less sun and weather hitting it.

How do I get rid of this, or blend it in so it's not visible?
This is Richard Russell. I work with vince and I am an experienced detailer. I recommend that you find someone quite experienced with a buffer. That person should know that a very mild compound and a good cloth buffing pad will or should fix your problem. That needs to be followed by a good polish and finish with a quality swirl remover.

What kind of price tag would that bring?

I was thinking of going ahead and having it repainted, as there is a decent number of places where theres a nice sized spot with paint chipped off. Dont know how mucht hat would cost either though

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts