Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

good one going

blacksnapon

Staff member
I've got a nasty one going here. Contractor drove in pouring smoke out of it. 2003 7.3 F250. Fierce fuel leak at the rear of the passenger side head. So much fuel is coming out, its hard to tell where its coming from. Any one thats ever worked on one of these knows that theres a fuel line that bolts up back there. Replaced the fuel line, no help. Replaced the fitting, no help. Theres a fuel plug back there, its not leaking. I'll give you one clue, and one clue only. Lets see who is bright..........................Theres raw fuel coming out of the drain holes...................IN THE MUFFLER!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Muffler bearings gone bad.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

If it's not obvious, I have no clue...but I love when you do this Vince, I learn alot.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
sounds like its not burning fuel in one of the cylinders or the head is cracked, well more like shattered and raw fuel is getting into the exhaust chambers and exiting like that..

but to be honest, i am just guessing. thats the only thing i can possibly think of.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
CHIP!!!! lol

blacksnapon

Staff member
Well, what happened was the end broke off of #7 injector, dumping massive amounts of fuel into that cylinder. The fuel spray is fuel coming out of the clamp on the turbo, looking much like a leak at the rear of the head at the return line. The broken piece of the injector was ingested into the engine (causing no telling how much damage). Havent heard from the customer what he wants to do.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I was too late to guess, but my neighbor had a bad coil and the cylinder was misfiring so bad gas poured out of the tailpipe. I thought that was funny to see. He wouldn't let me light a match back there though.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts