Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cummins Powered Econoline Conversion

I posted this in the F150 section in reply to another post but thought it belonged here too...

Centurion must have done some pretty neat stuff, checkout this Cummins 6BT powered Econoline:

Econoline1.jpg

Econoline2.jpg

Econoline3.jpg

BTW, it's for sale.... http://www.biodieselnow.com/forums/1...howThread.aspx

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
If I ever have the time and money, I'd love to buy an '80s Ford Cargo van, cram a more modern diesel and a 6-speed manual trans under it, and build myself a little camper that would haul a car trailer across the country comfortably...

I had dreamed once of doing that to my old van; Life just got in the way!

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Seen some oilfield conversions when I was a kid were they dropped 4 cylinder CATS into 4wd pickups, but never a van............

Gunner

They are out there, lol....
Diesel-Performance.jpg

Ice_Challenger_480.jpg

Not to mention Diesel Van cutaways were in use already in the mid-80s as Ambulances and Fed-Ex trucks

Fellro

Staff member
Actually, used to see a number of them pulling goose... The had the bed on back like a pickup, but had the van body up front.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm diggin the icechallenger van...and for the record...there are tons more pics of the '5th wheel' vans in a thread about centurions...I think the thread title is 'Name of four door SUV' or something like that.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts