Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

never really liked ford rangers...until this one

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
well ladies and gentlemen i was doing my usuall craigslist browsin yesterday and an across a 2001 ranger http://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/cto/1800251550.html that caught my eye and so i gave him a call, and threw my 94 f150 out as an offer on it, he hesitantly said no and i figured that was all. he called back this morning asking a couple questions and now im gonna let him look at it later this week n im gna check out his ranger. like the title said im not much of a ranger kinda guy but this one for some odd reason is growin on me, we might be in for a trade

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Beyond the BL and the Messican add ons, doesn't look too bad.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
if i get it, ill probably sell that light rack and get like a chrome roll bar for those lights if i keep the lights...itd be a good daily driver n i think it looks sharp...the only limiting factor on me buying it would be getting the oklahoma plates transferred to texas plates and title wich can be a hefty penny, cuz u gotta pay oklahoma,and texas sales tax on the appraised value and then get it tagged...that could mean anywhere from 500-1000$. and im thinkin i see a 5.0 in its future YelloThumbUp

Last edited:

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
if i get it, ill probably sell that light rack and get like a chrome roll bar for those lights if i keep the lights...itd be a good daily driver n i think it looks sharp...the only limiting factor on me buying it would be getting the oklahoma plates transferred to texas plates and title wich can be a hefty penny, cuz u gotta pay oklahoma,and texas sales tax on the appraised value and then get it tagged...that could mean anywhere from 500-1000$. and im thinkin i see a 5.0 in its future YelloThumbUp

I'm pretty sure you only have to pay sales tax in one state- not two. I'm also pretty sure a 5.0 ain't happening- that's an OBDII truck (post 1996). With enough money, anything's possible- but by the time you get the computer reprogrammed to do everything it's supposed to without glitches, a new F150 will seem cheap by comparison.

Clutch, slave, and tranny replaced at 60,000 miles? Things been drug off-road like a redheaded stepchild. Wouldn't touch it with your 10' pole. Nick's going through this with his Ranger. It's a sturdy little truck- unless you beat on it. Like anything else, that can get really expensive.

Last edited:

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
im gonna go check it out tomorro n really give it a good look over inside and out. if its had the **** kicked outa it idk if im gonna take it. he said it was his sons truck n his son is overseasn told him to sell it and that his son couldnt drive a 5speed to save his life. and i never thought about too deeply on the 5.0 idea and you make a good point, if i play with it it might just b a 4.0 or play with the 3.0 orr mayyyybe find a mustang n pull the 4.6

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts