Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

a rumor i heard the other day

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
so i heard the other day about a possible halfton diesel f150...is it true? and what are the possibilities that there will be a diesel f150? or is it all just b.s.....cuz if its true im gna b one of the first in line

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Diesel in the F-150 is a no go. At least, for the time...

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
well...darn...o well maybe some day...ill hafta add it to my list of stuff entitled "i wish ford would" right next to the rebirth of the bronco...at least i was able to mark the return of the 5.o mustang off the list..i got one wish lol

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Diesel in the F-150 is a no go. At least, for the time...

Correct. I think the price-point killed it off. Really, where's the market for a $60,000 1/2T pickup?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Could always import from South America.

Correct. I think the price-point killed it off. Really, where's the market for a $60,000 1/2T pickup?

Where there's a fool with too much money, there's a potential buyer. Extremely limited numbers...maybe?

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
oo yeah the pice wld b a kicker...it wld b a decent option for the platinum or mayb put the new 6.7 in the raptor....im kinda dissapointed in the 6.2's power over the 5.4.....for the price to upgrade engines u can buy the 5.4 and make it just as fiercer if not more than the 6.2..

Mahindra has one coming to the US...

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=619753#post619753

I pulled into a rest stop today to get a bottled water from the cooler in the bed of my truck and I saw a Mahindra parked there. I feel bad as I noticed he was about to pull out and I waved him down.

He was a test driver for the truck and has put 60k on it so far. He said there are 5 test drivers in and around Denver and that they have 3 Indian engineers on hand going over the trucks daily just to make sure everything is right. He said they are hoping to start selling them towards the end of summer

The truck itself is a little bigger than I was anticipationg. The truck he was driving was a crew cab short box and the interior looked fairly roomy given the size of the truck. The interior is not flashy by any means but it's not ugly, just simple. It was an automatic and it's a center console type shifter on it. The front seats were buckets but unless the seats had an armrest built in there wasn't one in that truck which for me would suck. The back seat looked as if I could fit and I'm 6'4" and 240lbs. I'm sure it wouldn't be the greatest in comfort but I could have fit.

He said he really likes the truck overall, said the little diesel is a great engine and he really likes the tranny. He said that the suspension wasn't the greatest and that the bumpers were not that stout. It looked like he was actually using it, I could tell he had driven it over some ranch roads.

All in all I was impressed with what I saw. I'm sure that if it makes it to market somebody will make some suspension upgrades for it.

Best part, he gets over 30mpg

http://www.mahindrana.com/

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
we have a Diesel ranger :D

woot :D

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
i diesel ranger wld b a niiice truck..great fuel economy and decent power...haha i can see it now...diesel programmers n big stacks on a lil ranger

if the price cld b worked down i think a diesel f150 would be a great idea...so long as the power was comparable to the 5.4 triton and wasnt just some candy @$$ that my 300i6 cld smoke lol

well...darn...o well maybe some day...ill hafta add it to my list of stuff entitled "i wish ford would" right next to the rebirth of the bronco...at least i was able to mark the return of the 5.o mustang off the list..i got one wish lol

I'm with ya on the Bronco and diesel half ton.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts