Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The top is Painted

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
After much hemming and hawing and asking for opinions, I finally got the top painted on the Bronco. It's not perfect, but it's a huge improvement over what it was. I used 5 cans of Krylon indoor/outdoor khaki gloss...usually 6.49 a can, but KMart was having a 3/$10 sale...so I have an extra can for touch ups. All in all, I'm happy and was worth the $20 and 3 hours of time from start of masking to the end of clean up. I think the top could use more coat, but not many people are gonna see the top of it. It also makes me wanna clean/polish up the window trim. Lemm know what you think.

Driver's Side-

Before:

DSC04113.jpg

After:

DSC04117.jpg

Rear-

Before:

DSC04114.jpg

After:

DSC04118.jpg

Passenger Side-

Before:

DSC04115.jpg

After:

DSC04119.jpg

Top-

Before:

DSC04116.jpg

After:

DSC04120.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Looks great. I think you should go ahead with another coat on top even if no one will see it :)

Does look great- I'm impressed! But ya gotta watch when you see those dark patches- often it's a mold that gets in there and doesn't wash away, and it may rear it's head again, thru the paint... Bull's-eye primer would have helped some... Here's my suggestion for the top, tho- a little air brush work LOL...
FTF_Flyer_Ben.jpg

That way, Trucks that sit HIGHER have something to look at :rofl2:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea a few more coats on the top would be good. Paint the window trim, or polish it out, either or, 10000x better then it was.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks good Ben...a definite improvement.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words and feedback. Gotta wait til pay day now til I can get anymore paint or polish.

Does look great- I'm impressed! But ya gotta watch when you see those dark patches- often it's a mold that gets in there and doesn't wash away, and it may rear it's head again, thru the paint... Bull's-eye primer would have helped some... Here's my suggestion for the top, tho- a little air brush work LOL...
FTF_Flyer_Ben.jpg

That way, Trucks that sit HIGHER have something to look at :rofl2:

Yeah...I figured that was some kinda mold, so before I painted I took some blue Dawn a sponge and a wire brush to it. Didn't get it all though.

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
looks good! now take some black spraypaint to those windo frames!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Paint some flames on top

I was thinking more along the lines of pink ponies

looks good! now take some black spraypaint to those windo frames!

Planning on it boss.

Question on polishing the trim around the windows. How to go about doing? Sand and polish by hand? Probably yield the best results, huh?

I have some of that vinyl if you would like- almond color, though. If you want black, it's relatively inexpensive at a trailer supply store. Just redid ours.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts