Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

IFS help

hey guys havent posted in here in awhile been real busy. i got the rear of my 55 pretty much finished with the IRS system installed. Now im wanting to do the front end. any suggestions on IFS kits? should i just get a crossmember to start with and add the suspension peices on as i can afford them? thanks fellas

I put a fatmans kit in my 53 panel. I luv it it was fairly easy to install and the guys at Fatmans Fab are really good with tech support. You can but the whole kit or a piece at a time. Myself I don't recomend using the stock mustang II stuff other than the rack and the spindels. Go with the tubular arms and coil overs it will ride and handle alot beter

Depends on what you are building. What IRS did you put in? If you are building a driver the 2003-2011 Crown Victoria is an easy and inexpensive swap for what you get. Eaton Detroit makes 1" & 1 1/2" drop springs for it. You get 12" rotors, dual piston calipers, handling package & pwr rack & pinion. If you are building a show truck the MII kits are probably better looking.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts