Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Put My First Mod on My Truck.....

Well I did it, my truck is no longer stock as a rock. I put my first modification on my truck.........

A coolant filter. I drained and flushed my cooling system, installed a coolant filter kit from the Dieselsite and refilled the cooling system with a 50-50 mix of the gold anti-freeze and distilled water. :D

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
wow goose that doesn't void the warranty does it? ROTFLMAO Hold me back!

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Jeff has had good luck with his.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Well I did it, my truck is no longer stock as a rock. I put my first modification on my truck.........
A coolant filter. I drained and flushed my cooling system, installed a coolant filter kit from the Dieselsite and refilled the cooling system with a 50-50 mix of the gold anti-freeze and distilled water. :D

Just make sure you Do Not put a Dieselsite sticker in your window, that is the surest way to have your local tech & FMC void the warranty. :rolling laugh: :rofl2:

Right Vince? :prod:
:wasntme:

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Them stickers are mucho taboo!........HAH!

ROFLMAO:rofl:

Yep stickers in the window result in :fan:

IIRC on the 08 SD you have to sign a statement at time of purchase that advises the customer that window stickers void the warranty.:horrormovie:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Goose, mine plugged up after only 4500 miles. Right after she blew. Hmmmm, shoulda cut it open, might have found that missing piston. ROFL

Well, it's 5,000 miles since I installed the coolant filter so I changed it and cut it open today just to see what I might find. While there was some, it actually pleasantly surprised me how little sand was in there.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Well, it's 5,000 miles since I installed the coolant filter so I changed it and cut it open today just to see what I might find. While there was some, it actually pleasantly surprised me how little sand was in there.
I'm a bit surprised too. My first two plugged up very quickly!!

I hope it didn't sound like I was re-thinking the need for a coolant filter, I'm not. I had flushed the system prior to installing the filter and thought from the beginning that I would do a check of the first filter at 5,000 miles. The next filter will remain in place for some time.

Some sand or debris came out of the filter canister when I emptied it on a clean white paper shop towel. When I cut it open there was some sand in the open canister and you couldn't see but could feel some grit in the pleats of the filter fabric.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts