Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Spring Carlisle

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Randy...if you find a mint 73-77 grille shell, grab it for me and I'll reimburse you and pay you for your time...that is, if you don't mind.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well, I'm looking for something NOS or NICE OEM, and if that can be swung, I'd throw 500 bones out there. And if they don't have anything, no biggie, I just know you go a few places with some good swap meets.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I hit all the swap meets with in 300 miles very often. Heck I have been to ones in SC and the one in your state. I was driving home one day and saw a sign for a car show swap meet and went way out of my way to hit it.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Spent the day at the show. Weather was perfect!
I only bought a few body tools.
Sorry Ben didn't see a grille shell for your truck this time.
Took two friends that were never there before. It was like watching a kid in a candy store.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I was really hoping to go this year, but it's just too far to do as a solo day-trip, and I'm too cheap to get a motel...

I had a friend lined up to go with me, but he had to back out and finish his master's thesis, or some such nonsense. I'm hoping to make it to one of the other shows, but with my work schedule this summer, next spring might be the next time I'll be able to get away.

Probably just as well, really...all I'd have done is spent money on stuff I don't need and don't have anywhere to store.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I was there Thurs. No grilles Ben or much of any 73-79 parts from what I saw. They had Bigfoot on display with some nice chrome for our trucks. I'll post the pics I took later.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sorry Ben didn't see a grille shell for your truck this time.

Thanks for keeping an eye out Randy, I appreciate it.

I was really hoping to go this year, but it's just too far to do as a solo day-trip, and I'm too cheap to get a motel.

what do you need a motel for??? You have a truck BED or you could always sleep in the cab.

I was there Thurs. No grilles Ben or much of any 73-79 parts from what I saw. They had Bigfoot on display with some nice chrome for our trucks. I'll post the pics I took later.

Thanks for the info Sean.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Here are the few pictures I took. There was so much stuff to see I stopped taking pictures. Too bad there wasn't more 73-79 stuff.

IMG_3895.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

IMG_3900.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I would looooooooooooove to have a 79 Bigfoot, replica or not.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yeah it would be pretty awesome. At least you don't have to worry about mpg's. It would be how many gallons per mile.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts