Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No More Swampers...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Just kidding...but if you want a set of tires from Interco, now will be the time to get them. It would appear that Denman, Interco's main manufacturer of tires (Interco started outsourcing in the 90's), is going Bankrupt. Seeing as Denman and Interco are completely separate entities, Interco should be fine. However, that means manufacturing will more than likely be redistributed to other/new vendors and the customer will see an increase in price.

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/533685.html?nav=5021

I just about choked yesterday when I got a price quote on a set of Boggers and they said $350 each, as opposed to $295 each about 6-8 months ago. And they said it was directly related to the bankruptcy. They also said it would be extremely difficult for anyone to order Interco tires and you better hope they have what you want in a warehouse somewhere.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
This is old news. I posted a letter somewhere from a lady at interco saying that everything is fine. I will find it again.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Here is the story. A factory in Ohio by the name of Denman Tire Corporation has shut down and Denman was a major supplier of some of our tires. Denman also manufactured other tires of various brands that will also be affected. We anticipated something like this could happen someday so we diversify our production. It takes time to move equipment out of one factory to another but we have already started the process. We will experience shortages of some sizes and types but this will be temporary.

This factory has been caught up in the difficult economic situation the country is experiencing but everything at Interco is OK.

I sincerely appreciate your inquiry and welcome any future inquiries so we can keep the record straight. Since this news broke we have been humbled by the hundreds of phone calls and emails we have received from very concerned off-roaders and dealers.

Best wishes,

KATIE LECKELT
INTERCO TIRE CORPORATION
2412 ABBEVILLE HWY
RAYNE, LA 70578
WWW.INTERCOTIRE.COM

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Here is the story. A factory in Ohio by the name of Denman Tire Corporation has shut down and Denman was a major supplier of some of our tires. Denman also manufactured other tires of various brands that will also be affected. We anticipated something like this could happen someday so we diversify our production. It takes time to move equipment out of one factory to another but we have already started the process. We will experience shortages of some sizes and types but this will be temporary.

This factory has been caught up in the difficult economic situation the country is experiencing but everything at Interco is OK.

I sincerely appreciate your inquiry and welcome any future inquiries so we can keep the record straight. Since this news broke we have been humbled by the hundreds of phone calls and emails we have received from very concerned off-roaders and dealers.

Best wishes,

KATIE LECKELT
INTERCO TIRE CORPORATION
2412 ABBEVILLE HWY
RAYNE, LA 70578
WWW.INTERCOTIRE.COM

Right...I made mention that Interco was fine considering they're separate entities, but that Denman handled alot of their tire manufacturing. Common sense tells you that Interco picked Denman because they were cheapest at what they did. So now Interco has no choice but to go to a more expensive vendor...and who do you think those costs are going to be transferred to? Cuz Interco isn't going to eat it. In the mean time, while they're machinary is being transported and moved around, that means less tires are being made...and then we have the age old supply vs. demand struggle. Which means price is gonna get a double whammy. So yes, Interco is fine, but the prices are in fact going up...apparent by my price quote 6 months ago, vs. yesterday...$50 more a tire.

I don't know. The place is the Worlds Largest Hummer dealer (Lynch Hummer) and since Hummer has gone bye-bye they has diversified into Guns and offroad parts. The place is about 10 minutes away from my house. I was perousing the clearance items on their sites and they were the first thing on there. That's all I know. If only they had sales like this on 32x10.5 TSL Radials.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I wasnt saying you were wrong, Ben. I was just stating that this isnt something that just took place, it happened over two months ago.

That being said, I have no idea where they are in the process now.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I wasnt saying you were wrong, Ben. I was just stating that this isnt something that just took place, it happened over two months ago.

That being said, I have no idea where they are in the process now.

Gotcha...wasn't trying to argue with you...more debating with the whoever sent you that letter. Sure say everything is gonna be honky-dorey, but when something like that happens, that ain't the way business works...someone is gonna pay somewhere, and it isn't usually corporate America.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, buy me some LTB's!
16.5 rim. Only come in one size and ill take em!

I've heard great things about them off the pavement...but hear they don't like the road much and lead to disintegration of the knobs.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Which is why im buyin a bike.
The truck would be, if its pouring *** rain out side, the bike can stay home!
:)

I was actually throwing a hint out there, see how many catch it and reply!
LOLLERS

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts