Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

parts for the 6.4

blacksnapon

Staff member
I've got all of the parts for the 6.4 except one. Its the temperature sensor in the right up pipe (from the manifold to the turbo). One came in today, of course the wrong one! They sent a pressure sensor for the dpf. I went ahead and started putting the cab back on, after I found out that it could still be reached.

blacksnapon

Staff member
My sensor finally came in. Got it put back together, and running. The customer is coming tomorrow to hook up his trailers to verify the fix (lets hope!)

blacksnapon

Staff member
The customer picked up his truck, and brought the trailers to verify I had it fixed. He drove it, and came back saying the noise was gone, and he had more power to boot. Not having an exhaust leak, let all the exhaust make it to the turbo, providing more boost. He now can reach 40 psi of boost, before it would top out at 30.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Congratulations Vince, I'll bet that gave you a feeling of satisfaction...YelloThumbUp
I was worried about that one. There was no way to diagnose, or even verify the fix, because of the special circumstances when it happened (only a hard pull, only high boost).

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Great job Vince!!! Do you know what Ford paid for that warranty work?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Great job Vince!!! Do you know what Ford paid for that warranty work?
Because of the newness of the 6.4, many of the jobs are paid with real time. So I clocked on and off and was paid for the actual time I spent. The hotline said, "Hmmm, thats an interesting, call us when you find out what was wrong!"---translation....You're on your own, big boy!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Rusty shackleford got me pointed in the right direction. I just happened to see his post of one similar in the ford doctors site.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Great job Vince!! BTW- mine is FINALLY running good now. Would you believe that I had a leak in the flex joint of the uppipe coming from the passenger side caused by rubbing the 4" DP. :) Plus, the turbo bearing were shot on my original turbo, so luckily, I hadn't sold the turbo that was on the 2004 engine, so we pulled it apart, cleaned it up and bolted it on.

So, I now have a stock 2004 engine and turbo that runs good. :)

blacksnapon

Staff member
Great job Vince!! BTW- mine is FINALLY running good now. Would you believe that I had a leak in the flex joint of the uppipe coming from the passenger side caused by rubbing the 4" DP. :) Plus, the turbo bearing were shot on my original turbo, so luckily, I hadn't sold the turbo that was on the 2004 engine, so we pulled it apart, cleaned it up and bolted it on.

So, I now have a stock 2004 engine and turbo that runs good. :)
Been a lot of "y" pipes changed due to breakage in those expansion joints.

whats the word your hearing about one brand of tuner melting holes in the pistons allready on the 6.4's . my dealer told me a little bit and said ford wouldn't cover the problem. warrentys are to voided or some thing on that line.

blacksnapon

Staff member
whats the word your hearing about one brand of tuner melting holes in the pistons allready on the 6.4's . my dealer told me a little bit and said ford wouldn't cover the problem. warrentys are to voided or some thing on that line.
They are still disregarding warnings about warranty issues and modifications on the 6.4. Ford is serious about voiding warranties. Yes, we can "see" them. Bully dog has been a major issue, from what I understand. Eventually, the aftermarket will catch up, but right now, anyone for full gun russian roulette?:headbang:

thats the one my dealer talked about also. we find it warrenty is gone byby.
plus we had one were the piston's had melted right in the middle. from being fueled to far. told the owner the new motors on him. he simpily walked away saying it's fords now! like what about your credit rateing jerk?

sorry guys! ford is getting every tough on engine mods. do it.get caught it's gone.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts