Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Wheels, New Look

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So my stock 15x7.5's wernt cuttin it for my 33x12.5's. So my buddy found thes on C-List for 100 bucks, offered 50, came back with 70. Went to look. Got for 60.

Outlaw II's, 15x10. Were in pritty sad shape, clear coat was pritty messed up, lots of crust.

Grinded it all down, then sprayed the center black, and polished out the dish, and then cleared it all. I hate Outlaw II's but for my winter plow set they will be good.
18240379736_ORIG.jpg

18240379751_ORIG.jpg

I got another set off 33's that are actually bigger then the 33's that I have now. I got my anualy Englishtown Swap Meet next week and will find another set of 15x10 Bajas for the better 33's.

The 10's bring the tires out even with the flares and it doesnt look so goofy now.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Thanks, i need to get center caps now.

Love those... if I hadn't been gifted a full set of Mickey Thompson 15x10 Challengers when I was wheel shopping, that's what I wanted.

BTW, I have a full set of OEM center caps from a 90's Bronco (92 to be exact). You would have to drill and tap the holes for the bolts that hold them to the wheels but they are yours if you want them. I even have the 1/4-20 bolts that secure them to the wheels.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks good man...way to bring them back to life.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Those look really good. Looks good with the black center.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
That looks nice! What kind of paint did you use, and how did you keep the overspray off the rest of the wheel?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I was wondering about usin the stock caps caus i dont like the huge open ones in the front. I like the closed ones tho. I got a swap meet to go to Saturday and ill be shopping there for center caps, if not then ill have to decide what to use.

I used painters tape to tape the dish off, using my wizwheel i grinded all the crust off, and using Rustoleum Gloss black for the center, gave a few coats, then a few coats of clear.

Then pulled the tape off, steel wooled the overspray off the dish, steel wooled the dish, and cleared it all over again.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea i still hate the rivits, they hurt when you clean em. The black makes the bronk look like a prerunner, ill take a pic outside with the top off and all.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts