Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Starter Solenoid Replacement

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Starter Solenoid replacement

this is a write up on how to replace the starter solenoid. the starter solenoid is on the inner passenger side Fender. it allows power to go to the starter to start the vehicle.

Step 1: Disconnect the Battery

SAM_0331.jpg

Step 2: Disconnect the battery cable from the solenoid along with all other connections on that post. this should take a 1/2 wrench or socket.

SAM_0334.jpg

Step 3: Disconnect other post. It's the cable going to the starter. once again it should be 1/2".

Step 4: Disconnect the little wire that just snaps on. i believe its the ground.

WARNING!!!!!

Keep track of where the connections go. to be sure to not connect them back wrong.

SAM_0335.jpg

Step 5: Disconnect the 2 8mm bolts holding the Solenoid to the fender.

SAM_0330.jpg

Step 6: take the old one and line up the new one to make sure you have them the same when you put the new one back on.

SAM_0329.jpg

Step 7: reconnect all the connections just as they came off and then Reconnect the battery. I choose to replace the Battery cable while i was at it. 7 bucks and a new cable that is in great shape. psh easy decision

SAM_0337.jpg

SAM_0336.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Good write-up

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts