Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dog needs to be rescued

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Hey guys I don't know if anyone on here is looking to adopt a dog or anything but I'll post this here because it is a really good dog. It is currently in the kennel in Linden and was supposed to be put down this morning, but they will hold her until tomorrow night if someone wants her. Just trying to find her a home.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/pet/1651662349.html

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
And you know Lollipop how?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
A friend of mine is an animal control officer so I was down at the kennel looking at the dogs and that one was getting ready to be put down but he will wait until tomorrow if someone will go get it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Gotcha...just curious what kind of connection you had with the dog. I'm all for saving dogs, but I'm afraid this one is tad bit out of my jurisdiction.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yeah I know you are a bit far away lol. I've never even seen this dog until today.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Hopefully someone will come get her. I would but we are only allowed to have a certain amount of dogs where we live and since we foster a lot of them we can't keep them all just try to find homes before it's too late.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
There are animal rescue groups for every breed of dog, even for the mutts.

The shelter's are supposed to call rescue groups when a dog is about to be put down, but like most gov't agency's, most a the people that work there, don't give a scheiss.

Every dog I've had for the past 20 years, has come from rescue groups. "She, who must be obeyed" has taken a hankerin' to Basset Hounds. We have FIVE.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Every dog I've had for the past 20 years, has come from rescue groups. "She, who must be obeyed" has taken a hankerin' to Basset Hounds. We have FIVE.

They seem extremely social as well. I know any time we've talked on the phone, they don't let you get a word in edge wise...haha.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
They seem extremely social as well. I know any time we've talked on the phone, they don't let you get a word in edge wise...haha.
I talk with Dennis (Mil1ion) all the time on the phone (on my nickel of course, cuz he's soo cheap he squeeks).

Within minutes, Clarabelle starts barking and howling which sets off Ladykins, Suzee-Q, Gideon and Socks.

I have to move to a part of the house they have no access to, so I can continue the conversation.

That's the good news. The bad news is...what will be their reaction when Dennis shows up here? He's invited, says he'll be here soon for a week, two or lawd only knows how long.

The first thing he told me was... "I only eat quality food." Uh huh, yeah right.

Dennis reminds me of a 1941 Packard ad, cuz he's "wider than high!" He never met a meal he didn't like....ditto for this sasquatched sized 'ol SOB.

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
the wife and i foster dogs from time to time but between the two permanant ones we have and the two cats it can be a bit much sometimes.. I just saw this today and the ad was down i hope someone rescued this dog

Yeah the dog was rescued. Someone adopted her right before she was going to be put down. We foster alot of dogs as well as have 2 of our own. I definitely agree. It gets to be a bit much, but it's all for a good cause.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I talk with Dennis (Mil1ion) all the time on the phone (on my nickel of course, cuz he's soo cheap he squeeks).

Within minutes, Clarabelle starts barking and howling which sets off Ladykins, Suzee-Q, Gideon and Socks.

I have to move to a part of the house they have no access to, so I can continue the conversation.

That's the good news. The bad news is...what will be their reaction when Dennis shows up here? He's invited, says he'll be here soon for a week, two or lawd only knows how long.

The first thing he told me was... "I only eat quality food." Uh huh, yeah right.

Dennis reminds me of a 1941 Packard ad, cuz he's "wider than high!" He never met a meal he didn't like....ditto for this sasquatched sized 'ol SOB.

:rofl2: .............................

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts