Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

HELP w/ 7.3 please.

i have a 2000 7.3 with a K&N fresh air intake and chip (bought used so not sure of type) it has a 12" lift and 36's. I just put a new trani in it, new glow plugs, new water pump, new belt, new fuel filter, new oil. This truck runs well except when i am light on the peddle it sputters a little. Just a little hick-up. Im tryin to get to the bottom of this so i can get her sold. If i could put the sound into words, normal would be --(normal) clug clug clug clug clug.......
but this truck is .....clug clug clug clu clu clug clug clug clu clu ....but only when i lightly peddle. If i smash on and off the peddle it does not do this. Almost like a gas engine would sound if it was missing on one cylinder now n then.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
just a thought is it throwing any codes? take it to Autozone if you dont have a code reader and have them check your codes and then bring it back.

on a side note are your injectors in good shape? what bout fuel pressure is it in the normal range?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts