Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

05 F150 Leveling Question

So I've been thinking about leveling out my F150 Screw, but not sure which way to take her. I could do the 2" front end lift but with my rim/tire combo (20" Roush) I don't think it'll look good to raise her - but was thinking about selling those and going to 18" street/AT rubber. If I keep the Roush rims, I should lower the rear-end to match the front... if I do that, what's the best route? Removing a leaf from the pack? Don't wanna compromise my payload but I don't really haul anything in this truck anyway (except for when I'm moving but then that's not much weight - just boxes o' crap).

Any ideas?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
If your stayin with the bling daddy rims i say lower the rear, does it have a rear block?
If so pull that and you should be good to go.

If your goin back to 18's and some at's then leveling kit.

I agree Don and since I plan to stick with the Roush wheels, i need to lower the rear to match the front, just wanna know the best way to do it? I don't think it has blocks.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Is it 2wd or 4wd?
I assume as of location it will be 2wd, in that case maybe a drop shackle?
Thats really the only thing i coudl think of that would keep you near your rated payload...

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Good deal... I wasn't sure if they made lowering shackles for your application or not.

Didnt get into the reading to much, does it keep your payload the same?

It doesn't say but it probably reduces it a little...what with the reduction in ride height - limited flex on the spring since it'll bottom out sooner and all

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I dont see how it will do that though, your moving the shackle up to lower the rear of the truck down some...
Your spring height and suspension travel shouldn't change much...

On deeper though. you are correct.
Negate my thinkings... :)

I dont see how it will do that though, your moving the shackle up to lower the rear of the truck down some...
Your spring height and suspension travel shouldn't change much...

On deeper though. you are correct.
Negate my thinkings... :)

Don, time for a beer...

Now there's a combo I've never seen anyone try. I'm a Jack n Coke fan myself...beer puts me out like a light

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I actually go through pretty bad with drawls if i dont drink some mt dew every day...

Like physically feeling ill, bad headaches, feeling like im goin to puke, weak feeling... Yup, its that bad.

I love mt dew. gave it a shot one night and its heavenly... So thats what i drink, mixed to my standards it dont even make the mt dew that much darker... :) WIN!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts