Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Rep

blacksnapon

Staff member
Had one of those Ford reps by today (with a michigan licence plate). I showed him a couple of web sites (he was interested) I told him to register, and not tell anyone what he does for a living. So, everybody, be on your best behavior!

just friggin great..... now i need to behave

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Hey Ryan, PLEASE delete all my posts relating to my engine issues, all my pictures and I'm dumping my sig!! ROFLMAO

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
*ahem*, I think he may be talking about vehicles slightly more late model than yours, Brian. LOL

I guess I need to... Well, nevermind. I'll just act the same. Sit here and take abuse, and ban people. Sounds about right...

Ryan

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Was he responsible for warranty claims? If so, I'm sure he will be making notes of everybody's performance mods!!! Aaron, I suggest you leave that new truck of yours STOCK!!!!
"A few ponies" aint worth it!!!!!!!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Okay so what is the real scoop on the "death wobble"???
It was much the same, tightening suspension and frame bolts, verifying proper alignment and tire pressure. This one we installed a stabilizer on. The customer uses his truck in very rough conditions. The stabilizer we installed is commonly used with a 4" lift (he has none), when he hits bumps, the panhard bar contacts the stabilizer bracket, knocking it down into the tie rod, creating a binding condition. I showed him my thoughts on stiffer (or plastic) panhard bar bushings. If anyone ever had a 70s 1/2 ton 4x4 ford, you probably know about these bushings.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
It was much the same, tightening suspension and frame bolts, verifying proper alignment and tire pressure. This one we installed a stabilizer on. The customer uses his truck in very rough conditions. The stabilizer we installed is commonly used with a 4" lift (he has none), when he hits bumps, the panhard bar contacts the stabilizer bracket, knocking it down into the tie rod, creating a binding condition. I showed him my thoughts on stiffer (or plastic) panhard bar bushings. If anyone ever had a 70s 1/2 ton 4x4 ford, you probably know about these bushings.

Vince was the A/M stabilizer that was added similar to the dual system that Rough Country, Fabtech and Donahoe Racing sell, that mounts to the axle tube and tie rod? One of the reasons i am curious, is that Rough Country claims their unit will work on stock suspension trucks, and both the Rough Country and Donahoe Racing center bracket mounts to the axle pumpkin which i am of the belief may put undue stress on the pumpkin flange. The Fabtech unit center bracket mounts to the axle tube only.

Also on the Fabtech unit, for 99-04 SD (leaf spring front) can only be used on lifted trucks, but for 05-07 SD (coil spring front) they claim it works with stock suspension also.

Here is a link to the Rough Country unit, click on the picture for additional and larger pictures
www.roughcountry.com/ford_4wd_superduty_6.html

Fabtech system
www.fabtechmotorsports.com/html/shocks.html

Last edited:
I guess I need to... Well, nevermind. I'll just act the same. Sit here and take abuse, and ban people. Sounds about right...
Ryan
i still love ya dude

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Where does it say it'll work on a stock 05-07SD? I read that it only works with a lift. [confused]

When i contacted there tech support people, they said for 05-07 a lift was not needed but for 99-04 a lift was as stated in the footnotes of the application chart.

Now i usually take an A/M manufactures tech support response with a grain of salt, hence the reason i asked Vince what unit was installed on the customers truck.

blacksnapon

Staff member
this was an 06 f250 with coil springs. The center bracket for the aftermarket dual stabilizers would contact the suspension parts. Keep in mind this was hard use (contractor, using in dozed areas and very rough terrain).

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts