Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gen 5 pic thread

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well figured since pert near every other generation has a pic thread might as well make one for this one too.
Here my 72 when I first got it.
Trucks001.jpg

After new tires.
Trucks010.jpg

Last fall.
006-7.jpg

Now after puttin on my brushguard and gettin a new tool box for the bed and another set of used tires.
010-4.jpg

Last edited:

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Thank ya sir. Next thing I need to do with it is get the front clip off a truck in a junkyard here to replace the rusted out inner fenders and the grille.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Is there much in the way of decent stuff at the wreckers around you?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Not really especially that old most places have already crushed em in salt lake so Im lookin at the older smaller yards around here that dont crush a whole lot. I called every yard in there and they said they dont have nothin that old. So far theres just the one yard here that has two of that body style. We also saw a late 50s Ford pickup and a couple gen 6 motorhomes.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I've had a couple of links sent to me from places in CA..seems they have quite a bit of stuff there and most is rust free.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Not here...and DC doesn't carry what I need.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
So far, inner cover for heater core, foam type bushings for where speedo cable and heater cable go through firewall.

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
ive got our 71 torn apart and all over the yard, the frames done and in a shed, the cab's sitin behind the shop, the bed and hoods sitin out back. so wouldnt make a good pic rite now lol

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
well we got bizzy yesterday. got the 390,np435 and the t-case put in and the body put back on. still gota bolt the bed down but that wont take long

71002.jpg

71001.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Don likes bumps...explaining his open prescription for penicillin.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Negative ghost rider...

I like gen 5 ford trucks....

You like dents where your bumps should be....
Poor guy...
How does bailiee get by?

jokes ben, just jokes... :)

Hey all, new to the site. Thought I'd throw up a pic of my 67, pre restoration. She is currently in pieces. I'll be working on the frame here shortly.

Attachments

• 033.JPG

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts