Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Oil Filter Update for 6.0

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Check them anyway to be sure, but it seems as if someone from purolator reads these boards. The regular filter is now a oem racor. The premum was still the bogus white will fit copy. Figured ya'll like to know especially with some of the pep boys Purolator filter coupons as of late.

blacksnapon

Staff member

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Well, IH won't well you a gooberfinger for either of the VT engines. That ought to tell you something right there about the quality. Especially the fact that all IH filters are oem racor and are less than anywhere else (for the VT series anyway). It kinda makes me think Tom is a part time or pretend trucker Vince. :hammer:

I beg to differ... KCR International ONLY uses them on our trucks. Then again, I strongly dislike KCR...

It was a JOKE, lester.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I know it was, just messing with you back cause I can.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Not a BIG MUTHA TRUCKA!!!!LOL

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Hey wait a minute, didn't Tom used to haul skateboard ramps around? That might explain the Pink F'Shaker that he used to drive. Another question, can hauling any kind of ramps be considered a real trucking job to the members of FTF? One last thing, does a pink F'Shaker have anything what so ever to do with some red Pumps? ........................ Oh Carl......I have something I want you to run with.:eek:

Worse than Pink, it was red. maybe that's why Ryan wanted those pumps so badly. Thought he could sneak into my truck as a stowaway. I think those pumps match your black cherry ride much better tho. Maybe you want him along?
As for whether it was a REAL trucking job, well, if you mean that 90% of my downtime was actually at home, that I rarely had to wait for backhauls, and that I could pretty much pick where I wanted to go, well, no it wasn't. But remember those ramps I've shown you are the ONLY pre-assembled ones we hauled. The rest were stacks and stacks of palletized pieces, prone to vibrating loose in places noone expected and forcing many roadside reconfigurations. The Loaded trailers often resembled Circus wagons, not unlike the back of Lester's shop.
Careful there, or I'll have to let Ryan know how you are into oil and leather. I don't think he's put that together yet...

Last edited:

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
grumble grumble. :guns:

Ford Truck Articles