Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

bumper problem

KillaF150

Me and my brother switched bumpers the other night and we ran into this. mine truck's an 84 model, his is a 96.

Attachments

• jhgfd.JPG

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I did one on a 84 and fit new bumper was like 1/4 wider . some shims I was good .

I thought the frames were same . I have put newer beds on the pre 87 with no issues .

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I understand it a little better now.Are the brackets between the 7th and 9th gens different?What do the brackets look like on the 9th gen truck?

The bumpers on 7th gens have flat brackets,maybe the 9th gens have angled brackets.I'd say just make some special angled brackets somehow,makes it look more factory.

KillaF150

I understand it a little better now.Are the brackets between the 7th and 9th gens different?What do the brackets look like on the 9th gen truck?

The bumpers on 7th gens have flat brackets,maybe the 9th gens have angled brackets.I'd say just make some special angled brackets somehow,makes it look more factory.

Funny thing is my brother put his on and had NO problems what so ever. so they must've changed something with the brackets.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts