Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.0 Powerstroke Question

BlackSnapon and Bowtiehtr,
What's the highest mileage 6.0 either of you have physically seen and how was it doing?

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
BlackSnapon and Bowtiehtr,
What's the highest mileage 6.0 either of you have physically seen and how was it doing?
I may not be one of the techs you want, but I hand calculated a 20.7MPG run from my house here to St. Charles. I drove quite slow. YES, I CAN do that when I really, really want to. On the interstate I ran at 65 indicated and I didn't use the cruise, I just held a constant RPM on the hills and let the speed suffer a bit. It made it up on the down hills anyway.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Todd, I appreciate your answer, but I wasn't meaning MPG. I meant miles on the 6.0... With that said, 20.7, damn that's good MPG...YelloThumbUp
Ah, sorry, mis-read. Well, in that case, mine will NOT be the one you're looking for cause it usually gets closer to 10MPG and seems to have ALOT of smoke coming out the back for some reason. :D

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
well, my old boss at the car shop know a few farmers where he lives and there are a few that are over 200k easy and never been touched. just maintained very well. ( shhh the're 03s as well )

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Now that just sucks! Why did mine have to get a new engine with on 19,538 on it?!?! Oh yeah, never mind, I remember. :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts