Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

old POS .lol.

atcJESSEb

Florida Chapter member
ocala
my mechanic told me that my truck is running on 7 of the 8 cylinders that it has, according to him there an oil leak and it making the spark pluge wet or somthing what should i do
.....and truck is knocking a bit when i get on the gas anything to help that?
remember ...300,000miles

blacksnapon

Staff member
my mechanic told me that my truck is running on 7 of the 8 cylinders that it has, according to him there an oil leak and it making the spark pluge wet or somthing what should i do
.....and truck is knocking a bit when i get on the gas anything to help that?
remember ...300,000miles
Remove the radiator cap, and back a new truck under it!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Patch that sucker up and go another 100K. :D

You might be able to put a non fouler on the plug that is catching oil. As far as the knocking is concerned, turn up the radio.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
On a serious note. It sounds like a rebuild is the only way to fix what ales it. You might be able to hide the knocking by switching to a heavy oil, but that may in turn cause other problems.

I once quieted down a main bearing knock in an olds 455 by changing the oil with straight 50 weight motorcycle oil. It ran smooth and quiet for 2 days before it blew.

If I were in your shoes, I'd try a non fouler on the plug and baby it along until you can rebuild or replace it.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
2 things:

1 if your spark plug is getting wet in the cylinder hole for the COP then it is prolly coolant. If it is getting wet inside the cylinder then you are screwed. and have to at least replace the heads and possibly the rings.

2 your screen on your oil pickup is prolly starting to get clogged. I would drop your pan and clean it out real good or just order a new pickup.

Just my .02 from the multiple times I have had my engine out.

atcJESSEb

Florida Chapter member
ocala
haha thanks for the advice i think im just going to milk it for the next 6 months till i leav for basic thanks!!!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I'd say the first one off the Dyno would win. That would be anybody except Doc. :D

Sorrry Doc. :(

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I'd say the first one off the Dyno would win. That would be anybody except Doc. :D

Sorrry Doc. :(

rissa frassin mother fruckin cheese and rice sum itch grrr below the belt hittin ****&^%%$&$&^%*(&^%$&(%$.

thanks tony! LOL

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts