Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Announces 200,000 Mile Warranty

A field / dealer announcement was published on Friday, August 31st, highlighting the new 7 year / 200,000 mile Power Stroke Diesel Engine ESP product available starting on September 1, 2007 to all dealers (except California & Connecticut because state filing is still in progress) . The announcement stated, "This demonstrates our commitment to our Power Stroke diesel engine customers and our confidence in our diesel engines".

200000MileWarranty1Medium.jpg

scan0002Medium.jpg

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Woo hoo, it covers the block!!! I'll sign up and get my new engine!! :rofl: :nana: :beer:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Wait a minute...

Inelligible vehicles include....commuter vehicles?

Does that mean if I drive the thing to work every day, the warranty doesn't apply? Or am I missing something?

There goes Todd trying to stick his rod where it doesn't belong again...

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Hail, Hail, Hail, the gangs all here. Since the only 3 techs I actually trust for real Dealership opinions, are all in one thread at the same time. Will any 6.4 owners need this warranty? PM me if you have not received your bullet proof vests from Aaron yet in case it gets ugly.YelloThumbUp

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
in my area ryan, i have one had 1 6.4 break (egr valve), and a few come in for mileage and we are a pretty big dealer. i dont think it is needed, i believe ford is trying to appease the common man.

blacksnapon

Staff member
in my area ryan, i have one had 1 6.4 break (egr valve), and a few come in for mileage and we are a pretty big dealer. i dont think it is needed, i believe ford is trying to appease the common man.
Cool! Did you have any trouble putting together that puzzle of a puller?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Hail, Hail, Hail, the gangs all here. Since the only 3 techs I actually trust for real Dealership opinions, are all in one thread at the same time. Will any 6.4 owners need this warranty? PM me if you have not received your bullet proof vests from Aaron yet in case it gets ugly.YelloThumbUp
Anything made by a human can break. From what we are seeing, the 6.4 is much more reliable than the 6.0. Now, when things break, they can be pricey. My advice would be, if you are going to buy, put the plan with your payments, the difference would hardly be noticeable. Its kind of like car insurance, you might never use it, but its nice to have it there.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Vince I think your right, it is in the glossary of terms just following "A"

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts