Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New to the firum and have some ??

Hey there guys im looking at a real solid 64 f-100. It has very little rust but it needs a driver door and a hood. The door is dented and the hood looks like a 5 yr old witha crow bar got ahold of it. Ive been searching for these parts before I buy the truck to make sure theyre out there. Also it has a straight 6 that runs and drives but the guy doesnt know what size it is. Any advice appreciated.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome aboard...and take a gander at Dennis Carpenter for replacement panels. He's by far the best place to go for reproduction parts. As for the engine...maybe a 240...but I'm just guessing.

Thanks for the welcome. Where do I find this dennis gardner? What inline six motors were offered in that truck? I think its original.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks for the welcome. Where do I find this dennis gardner? What inline six motors were offered in that truck? I think its original.

Dennis Carpenter:

http://www.dennis-carpenter.com/

As for original engines...I don't have a clue, but I knew the 240 was out back then, so I threw it out there...haha.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
According to my info '64 had either 223 (code J) or 262 (code B) sixes. Sorry Ben, no 240s until '65.

Engine code is 4th character of your vin: F10 J

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
According to my info '64 had either 223 (code J) or 262 (code B) sixes. Sorry Ben, no 240s until '65.

Engine code is 4th character of your vin: F10 J

Thanks for the correction...and I apologize for not being old as dirt to be able to have first hand knowledge...hahaha.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Whippersnappers! Age has a few advantages - but very few.

First pickup I legally drove was dad's '64 F100 with a 292 V8.

thanks for the info guys. I just bought the truck yesterday and am having it delivered tommorow because the clutch is slipping a bit and its 65 miles from the house

Ford Truck Articles