Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New to Us '72

My son and I just bought a '72 Sport Custom with an '85 5.0 and AOD we are trying to get going for his 16 b day that was last month. ;) I know we are not working as fast as we should , he is good with it though.
Question we have is what seat will fit in this thing ... it has a ratted out grat velour seat in it which needs to be changed out and we are looking for suggestions.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• PassSide.jpg

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
A bench seat from a 73-79 regular cab fits the best and looks the closest to factory the holes are the same for the brackets and th seat belt holes are the same if ya get one with lap belts. A bench seat from 80-96 regular cab will fit but ya have to swap the brackets over which is just a bolt on affair. They dont look as good as the 73-79 but theyll work.

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
it just depends if you want to keep the factory bench or do you want to go to a 40-20-40 split bench...i have the 40-20-40 seats in mine that came outnof a 97 f-250 and i love them...i have the best of both worlds...its a bench but then it has buckets and cup holders

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
78 79 bronco seats look good with the center console. plus itll keep the chic a lil farther away on them long rides home

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts