Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

460 miss

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Ok I just finished tuning up the 460 in my bronco. It still has a miss. I think that the spark plug wires are crossed. I need to mark the timing mark and roll it to the top and see where the rotary button points to. The cap was marked #1 but that wire goes to #2 cylinder. I just have to look.

Ok I am thru venting.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
#1 should go to the front plug on the passenger side, and would definitely cause that miss. Was that the only plug wire outta place?

Actually #1 can be in any position on the cap as long as the rotor points to /matches the wire to the #1 cylinder

firingorderFords.jpg

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
I think that the dizzy is half a round out. The #1 cylinder isnt #1. I wired it up like the firing order and it wouldn't crank. I wired it up half a round off and it cranked and still had a miss. it should run with out any problems but i don't know. My uncle is coming over friday to help me out. maybe we just need to retime it and tune the holly carb.

Start by having the #1 piston at TDC on the POWER STROKE not the after the exhaust stroke.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
My uncle is coming over Friday. I do know that the dizzy is half a round out but is wired right for it. The timing is off a little. We will start by getting the dizzy right and then setting the timing right. Then we will adjust the carb. It is a Holly 650 with vacume secondaires. Accoarding to the friend that I got it from the carb was just rebuilt. Uncle ray will get it straightend out for me.

Start by having the #1 piston at TDC on the POWER STROKE not the after the exhaust stroke.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts