Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Step up! 5.4 dudes!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Ok Ye' Ol' gen Ten'er i'm looking at buying a used truck, its a 2003 BOSS pick up, the engine and trans have 68K on the clock and according to carfaps its had its routine oil changes and lube jobs,exorcisms ect..
Did these year of truck engines have any issues after certain number of miles?
trannys pron to fail after so many miles? ect ect, any thing that should make me think twice (Yes, I said think, it happens now and then) about me not! getting this truck other then the fact its tweety bird yellow?
I frakin' hate!! like Obama hate, Yellow..

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I'll make you a deal!!!

You buy it bring down here and let me drive it a year or so and I'll tell you if there's any problems!!!

That's a good deal for you!!!(Movie~ Treasure of The Sierra Madre)

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
IDK alot about the Boss I assume it has the 5.4 in it. don't know what tranny's are in them but the 4R70W in mine takes a crap at about 150k. Sun gear problems.
Other than that It should be a runnin truck. I wanna see pics of it!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
charged or n/a? if it has a supercharger then I would say go for it they have good trans behind them.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
and mine, but that can be remidied if you pull the heads. Just keep an eye on the trans.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
i'd hope it had a 4r70w in it!best transmission ford's EVER had.of all the 4r70w's i've ever seen and owned only one broke a sun shell and actually it did'nt even break,the weld holding the sun gear to the sun shell was faulty.the body kit on those boss trucks are hideous to say the least.go ahead and find yourself a lightning and be done with it,looks a 100 times better and waayyy more oooomph!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts