Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Mutt - Over 500hp and 565 lb-ft from Ford's 400m

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Too much work for something that can be accomlpished with off the shelf parts.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
those are off the shelf parts
smiley-think005.gif

So you saying you can make that power with iron heads and Autozone parts?

No, but they went to some odd lengths to bastardize a Blue Oval engine with lots of machining ($$$$$$$$ offset grinding the crank?! wow!) along Chevy rods and Nocar pistons, when they could have went with a TMI stroker and some CHI heads.

Old_Paint

Old guy with old cars
Alabama
I guess what got my attention in the last photo was all that money spent, and they put a FRAM oil filter on it?????? I wouldn't put a Fram on my riding mower, let alone an engine I just put that much work into. FAIL!

I have gotten a number of calls and emails about this article. On one behalf, it is very easy to purchase a stroker now. There are a few details that really shows that it is a Mutt. As a machinist, there is a pride in being able to make different combinations work.
As stated earlier, we are a slave to sponsors.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
In the begging I wanted a 460 but after reading about the 400 and the numbers it can make and well the more I read the more to me it seems they are a better choice :D
Its just so hard to find good info about the 400, seems every one has a contradiction opinion/info about these engines.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
In the begging I wanted a 460 but after reading about the 400 and the numbers it can make and well the more I read the more to me it seems they are a better choice :D
Its just so hard to find good info about the 400, seems every one has a contradiction opinion/info about these engines.

Well..on the bright side, Tim is here now and can answer questions!YelloThumbUp

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts