Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1979 Ford Granada

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
its a rebuild 5.0V8 (0.30) 306 C4 trans 9inch rear end

drives strong :) but what heads was offered in that year? we wanna know so we can swap a cam in here with a 4bbl intake and a holley :)

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
yuppp its from a friend of mines grandfather just wanna restore it and have some fun :)

the engine and trans has nothing to worry about just a little paint and interior work and done :) Classic /sleeper

Last edited:

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I had a 77 Granada. I loved that car. I bored, bigger cam, Aluminum intake and redid the heads, shift kit in the tranny. It was a Camero Killer I dusted so many
Chevy's and it drove and rode nice.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
what kind of heads did it head?? did it also had the 302 engine with the c4??

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
It was a 302 with a c4 I swapped heads from a Mustang on to it. Don't remember but I think it had smaller heads a 2v but can't remember that was a long time ago.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Now there's a name you don't here very often !

No kidding. BIL had a '76 Ghia 2D with a 302 through college. Cherry little car that I sold him for... $1200 (?) I think. Heck, that was 25 years ago.

Fellro

Staff member
I pulled a 351W from one and stuck it in a 79 Mustang... at 150,000 miles, it still made the little Fox body fly...

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
where gonna restore this one.. im gonna take some pics when i can its not in that bad of a shape... drives good still!

Fellro

Staff member
There is a black one here in town that still looks sharp. It even has the factory hubcaps still on it.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
this 5 of Dec.. last street legal of the year.. im going with it:) 302 Stock hopefully we will bolt on a 4 barral intake with a holley becuase the 2 barral and the stock carb looks puny.. and with a c4 shiftkit behind it :) its a friend of mines but he is racing with his RX7 so im going with it.. it should be a high 16's car and run pretty consistent

ill slap a set of mustang wheels in the back and TRACTION!!! :)

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
with a 4 barral and msd if i run 15' ill be happy :)

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
you wont know the bolt pattern on the rims?? im gonna fit a mustang wheel under there!

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
some pics :)

Image0130.jpg

Image0131.jpg

Image0132.jpg

It does have some balls!! where tuning it to go drag with it on the 5th of DEC

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Day by day im falling inlove with this granada.. i just realize its a Ghia edition also..

it has a new engine and a new trans in it.. runs great just rusted.. not that much and he wants 1000$ for it

what do you guys think?? buy it and restore it?? is it a Gem ?

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles