Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Got the motor pulled today

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Hopefully I can get it torn down tomorrow and to the machinist to fix. then I have to wait for parts to show up.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I am going to wait on that I need to rebuild the turbo. So this time the engine is out it is getting .580 duration cams, new headers and a set of underdrive pullies!

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
I am going to wait on that I need to rebuild the turbo. So this time the engine is out it is getting .580 duration cams, new headers and a set of underdrive pullies!

you know...when i rebuilt my motor 2 years ago i built it so i didnt have to keep taking it out of the truck and rebuilding it againsmiliestirthepot smilietease

J/K buddy, hope everything works great when its does

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
They were shot and I mean SHOT. I will never buy headers from ebay again! LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
HAHA I know right! This is getting old, but I will say, I had it out in 3 hours this time. I got this down to an art now! LOL

you know...when i rebuilt my motor 2 years ago i built it so i didnt have to keep taking it out of the truck and rebuilding it againsmiliestirthepot smilietease

J/K buddy, hope everything works great when its does

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
HAHA funny you should mention that....! I am uploading now.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
OK so I was taking pics with my phone and somewhere along the lines deleted the first round of pics but here it is all torn down...

Photo0059.jpg

Photo0060.jpg

And the problem! AGAIN!!!!!!! Feel like I am starting to get DAY JAH VOOO!
Photo0063.jpg

Photo0065.jpg

And Just in case anyone was wondering how to do timing chains on these things.... Lay it out on the ground or bench one side will come to a point and the other will have a stand. the point goes on this mark on both of the cam gears....
Photo0057.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Seems as if I missed this Doc...any updates?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
waitin on the heads to get back, should be able to pick them up tomorrow. Ordered the cometic head gaskets today. and should be able to pick up the supercharger by the end of the week...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
huh? what the hell is Varad? you goof! LOL

Pretty sure it's a company that does lighting for vehicles, leds, undercarriage, dash, etc.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
thats ok I got enough crap on there now. lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts