Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What FTF means to me

blacksnapon

Staff member
For those of you that don't know me, I am a ford dealer tech. I've been in the business over 30 years. I've been wrenching long enough, that my son works in the bay beside me (can't tell you how cool that is). There's something I refer to as the old boy network. After a while, you start to know all the techs in the area, and what they have in their toolbox as well. You may be working on a different make and model of vehicle, and remember that a tech at another garage has a custom made tool that would work for your application. I always have someone I can call in case of problems (thats the old boy network). Thats one reason I probably never will move out of the area (how hard would it be to start that up again). FTF has an impressive core of members (110-111 right now). Only time will tell how big it will get. This core is just like another "old boy network". Computer techs, automotive techs, electricians, oil field workers, fire fighters/emergency responders, carpenters, car salesmen, and generally all around good people. HOW VALUABLE IS THAT? My hope is that FTF will never lose its "personal feel". Its almost like this is a neighborhood. As this site continues to grow, its up to us, as the "core" group to maintain that feel. Even though you may not be an admin, or a moderator, you still have the power to influence our "neighborhood". One member of our neighborhood has requested my help, and I will proudly say I'M WITH YOU BEACH!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
your post is dead-on. The members here are absolutely top-notch. I've never seen such an exceptional group of human beings all in one place. I'm glad you're all here and look forward to growing in the same way we have been. Thank you all for being here!

Ryan

Fellro

Staff member
That's why I'm here, I help as I can, and like the personal feel we have. That is harder to maintain with larger memberships, but not impossible. It comes from the top, and as long as that is never lost sight of, it should remain that way.

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Great thread!!!! I think of FTF, the Admins, and members as family!!!!!

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Well said. I don't know where disabled fits in there, but I am glad to be here as well.

Anywhere you want to man..............anywhere you want to............just like the rest of us YelloThumbUp

Gunner

Last edited:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
For those of you that don't know me, I am a ford dealer tech. I've been in the business over 30 years. I've been wrenching long enough, that my son works in the bay beside me (can't tell you how cool that is). There's something I refer to as the old boy network. After a while, you start to know all the techs in the area, and what they have in their toolbox as well. You may be working on a different make and model of vehicle, and remember that a tech at another garage has a custom made tool that would work for your application. I always have someone I can call in case of problems (thats the old boy network). Thats one reason I probably never will move out of the area (how hard would it be to start that up again). FTF has an impressive core of members (110-111 right now). Only time will tell how big it will get. This core is just like another "old boy network". Computer techs, automotive techs, electricians, oil field workers, fire fighters/emergency responders, carpenters, car salesmen, and generally all around good people. HOW VALUABLE IS THAT? My hope is that FTF will never lose its "personal feel". Its almost like this is a neighborhood. As this site continues to grow, its up to us, as the "core" group to maintain that feel. Even though you may not be an admin, or a moderator, you still have the power to influence our "neighborhood". One member of our neighborhood has requested my help, and I will proudly say I'M WITH YOU BEACH!

Hit 'er right on the head man. FTF..............We got a better place to "live" :D

Gunner

i'm not a techie, but hopefully i can add a few giggles on occasion.
what it means...hard to discribe. it's a connection to the "world" i don't get to access much anymore since the accident and well, Nan got sick. plus on the many nights i can't sleep, i come and see what i missed during the day.
i wish i weren't so far away. i'd kill to get to 1 of the GTG's. i love to see how the heartland "rednecks".
plus... i think Eva could use some couseling. that's 1 misguided lady

i'm not a techie, but hopefully i can add a few giggles on occasion.
what it means...hard to discribe. it's a connection to the "world" i don't get to access much anymore since the accident and well, Nan got sick. plus on the many nights i can't sleep, i come and see what i missed during the day.
i wish i weren't so far away. i'd kill to get to 1 of the GTG's. i love to see how the heartland "rednecks".
plus... i think Eva could use some couseling. that's 1 misguided lady
Conversing with people like you sir, is what makes this site worthwhile to me....

yeah but i take a banning every time i do that.... you guys laugh, i have to use a proxy to see what's going on.
by my avatar it should read.."banned by Ryan".
that way the new entrants wouldn't need the heads up.
all that aside, i know that i can be me here. not saying i can't elsewhere, but here EVERYone gets the joke. elsewhere there are 1 or 2 that dispise me for the joke or opinion. oh well,, crap happens. but all you ppl are gold to me.
ok love fest over.... i need to plot against johndeere

andym

Real men are fanatics
Glad to see you over here, Carl.

One of the reasons that I don't want to leave "that other site" is that I've made a lot of friends there and don't want to lose touch with them.

Now, about those commies.... :D

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Glad to see you over here, Carl.

One of the reasons that I don't want to leave "that other site" is that I've made a lot of friends there and don't want to lose touch with them.

I met a lot of friends on the "other site" too!! But it's amazing, we still keep in touch via e-mail, telephone, etc. , and I don't need the "other site" at all!!YelloThumbUp

Just remember, if you are using PM to talk with your friends on the "other site", the P in PM doesn't mean PRIVATE!

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Just remember, every neighborhood Carl has one weirdo carl that everyone wants Carl to get rid of. If you can't Carl point that person out then it is you. Carl

We even let in Busch beer drinkers, What is that stuff about $3.00 a 30 pack?

Glad to see you over here, Carl
well you're here, and R and Tom and Goose(he killed a crapper), and Ca(all those blue carl references), and Surewhynot-be a commie) and only Dono could finish it being tuned into China.
Good to see you Andym. Honest. even commies can be cool.

Last edited:

andym

Real men are fanatics
Just remember, if you are using PM to talk with your friends on the "other site", the P in PM doesn't mean PRIVATE!

It's funny... quite a while back I had a phone conversation in which Tim flat-out denied that it was even possible for admins to view user's PMs.

I just have absolutely no place in my life for liars like Tim.

Aaron... the best thing about cheap beer is that every time you buy a case, it tastes different from the last one! :rofl:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts