Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What to do.....

6" or 3"

• Total voters

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ok I am thinking about a lift for the truck. Now there are two ways I have to look at this thing.

1. I want to be able to tow a trailer with a Jeep on it to the rocks.

2. I want it to look good.

So do I go with a 3" Suspension lift and have a total of 6" of lift and keep the 35's and maybe go to 37's?

Or do I lift it another 6" and go with 40's? Only problem with that is the 4.89's that I am putting in for gears are the shortest they make for it.

What to do, what to do.....

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Do the 6" and toss the "pucks" (body lift) jmho

I thought about that but I like the body lift for ease of working on the motor and tranny! that extra three inches around them makes a BIG difference.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Well knock on wood I haven't had a problem with them (i've had 2) and I like to work on my truck alot so its a win win for me. I've had alot of people tell me they have had trouble with them but so far so good.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I said 6". You can get a drop hitch to be able to tow with it...

Also, your running 35's with stock gearing right now, I believe? Wouldn't that be close to the same with 4.89's and 40's? I could be wrong, but I'm thinking it couldnt be THAT much worse.. :rofl:
Just my $.02 worth

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I think I'm going with the 3" I can get torsion keys and a new block for the back for around $300. I am gonna try that route then see how I like it...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
HAHA I can only dream of 6"!! I think the majority wins on this one. I think I'm gonna try the 3" first.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah I'm gonna look into it now.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts