Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

4x4

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
okay ive been toying with the idea of making my 84 f150 a 4x4 im sure its possible....but im wondering about some problems i may run into...costs.....and if i should even do it

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Yes, it can be done, but you have to ask yourself if it's worth it. You will have to source all of the needed parts, and that adds up quick. It would be cheaper to buy a 4x4.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
well for one, your gonna need a front axle, radius arms, new transmission, transfer case, and new driveshafts both front and rear for starters. the best bet would be to get a donor truck to get all the parts being it would be cheaper.

IMHO i would just get a 4x4 and save yourself the hassle.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
.......thats badass.....im diggin that truck....and im thinkin its gna b a couple grand and a hole lot of f-words n nuckle bustin......ill prolly just use that money on a bronco or 4x4 that i can just hit a mudhole w n not havvin to worry about it bein decent to drive daily

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
.......thats badass.....im diggin that truck....and im thinkin its gna b a couple grand and a hole lot of f-words n nuckle bustin......ill prolly just use that money on a bronco or 4x4 that i can just hit a mudhole w n not havvin to worry about it bein decent to drive daily

I thought about makin my F100 4x4 once,but I quickly realized it wouldn't be worth it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts