Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

460 EFI build

I have a 1990 Ford F250 with a fuel injected 460. Im planing on rebuilding the engine with performance parts and turbo charging it. I want to update the old fuel injection with a new ECU that i can program for different situations. I was thinking of going with an XFI unit from FAST. anyone have any experience with XFI or any other performance ECU's? i would apreciate any advice or any other efi otions.

larrylass

New Jersey Chapter member
I would convert your EFI to Mass air using one of the ECM`s from either a 87-93 or sn 94-95 mustang. i would tune it with the Quarterhorse tuner from www.moates.net and purchase this software BE and EA from Clint Garrity at www.eecanalyzer.net. The last thing you will need is a WBO2 setup to dial in your AFR.The learning curve is steep but at this site www.eectuning.org you will find alot of folks to help you out. With this tuning setup you will be able to change ANY parameter in your ECM and will NOT need a dyno to dial it in.To convert to mass air do a search on here and other sites that will walk you thru it. Dont understimate the power of the ford ECM, its one fine piece of hardware with alot of aftermarket support. Look at it this way who has more mney for R&D ford and Intel? or FAST?? which by the way is a speed density ECM

Hope this helps

BigLar

i checked it out and this would be much cheaper and would achieve the same goals i want. all i would have to learn is how to wire it in and how to tune

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts