Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

power steering

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
my power steering fluid is leaking a little bit....if i were to add a little transmission stop leak/ sealer fluid to my ps fluid would it stop it or would it even do anything?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It might have a little bit of an effect...only if it's a seal going bad. But it would only be a band-aid and be worse the next go round. What/where is it leaking from?

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
im not totally sure where its leaking from i havent really looked i just noticed a little on the pavement over time and my truck began to do the classic power steering whine when i turned the wheel more than half way

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well find where the leak is coming from...shouldn't be too difficult, it's more than likely gonna be a hose (either worn through or a fitting) or the pump (cracked).

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
ill go out and look in a minute and see what it could be...i hope my ump aint cracked i dont feel like blowin 100$

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
im not gonna complain about it i mean hell those hoses n that pump r both 25 yrs old.....in my opinion they did the job cuz that truck has run though hell

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So it was the hoses that caused the leak? Is it at the fitting, or was there actual wear somewhere on the hose?

HazzardMadWolf

Go Fast Turn Left
How hard is it to rebuild the pump? Mine whines real bad and figure it is on the way out. Rebuild kits are cheaper than new pump, but is it worth the hassel?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts