Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ouch!

Do me a favor Mark, click on Tirerack off our home page and price out the very same tire.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dang...that is a tad steep considering the size of tire used. It would be nice to see the bottom fall out in the tire market and get some reasonable prices again.

Tirerack has an installation option/agreements with local tire stores.....You click on the option and put in your zip, it gives the stores close to you and agreed installation pricing. They ship to the chosen store so you don't even handle the tire. You do have to pay for shipping but with no sales tax that helps offset that some.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Tire rack showed none that size.

225/70R15

5 uniroyal cross country's at BJ's wholesale was $635. My mechanic friend was $690 so I'd rather pay him then the box store.

Tire Rack may not have had Uniroyal tires, but they stock 35 tires in that size priced from $51 to $162 each (with only six more than $100).
www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=225/&ratio=70&diameter=15&x=83&y=11

Side Note: "Uniroyal Inc.", (ie US Rubber Co.) is owned by Michelin, and then there is the Belgian tire maker "Uniroyal" which is a subsidiary of Continental AG

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I detest tires.

I hate everything about them- shopping for them, paying for them, thinking about them, deciding when to replace them.

None of which compares to how much I hate mounting them, though...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
A little bitter there Ian????????? I guess I'm the complete opposite...the only thing I dislike about them is paying for them.

Tirerack has an installation option/agreements with local tire stores.....You click on the option and put in your zip, it gives the stores close to you and agreed installation pricing. They ship to the chosen store so you don't even handle the tire. You do have to pay for shipping but with no sales tax that helps offset that some.

Tire Rack wins out on pricing over most other tire stores but the shipping and mounting kills off the appeal. I ordered a set of tires for my wifes truck a few months ago from TR. All said and done, I was way cheaper paying for the tires themselves, but was actually in the hole by $60 comparing to my local tire dealer. And now instead of having tires rotated and balanced free, I have to pay to have that done.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
You hsould have gone with Firestone's its like I
got a new truck good year tires suck!!! **** ******* ****** *** ****** ******** ****** ****** ***** ********* ******** ******* ************* with a garden hose!
:D sorry, any ways nice rubber you got there.

Ford Truck Articles