Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New to Ford Truck Fanatics

Hi All

Just found the forum and it looks like a lot of information can be found here. I just picked up a 66 F100 that I am starting to work on. It needs a lot of work so I will be busy aking questions.

Steve

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome aboard man. It's a great place, with even better people. Enjoy your stay, post often, and provide lots of pictures.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Well I have begun the big task of trying to restore my 66 F100. I was busy this weekend. I removed the engine and transmission from the truck. I got a great start on the cleaning of the engine and tranny. I spent 2 hours in the rain pressure washing all of the years of grease off the engine and transmission.

It looks so much better with all of the grease off of the engine. I am working on removing the old paint now. Very time consuming task with the wire wheel on the grinder. Have most of the engine paint removed. Just received my gasket kit today for the engine so I can remove more parts for cleaning and painting.

I am sure as I continue on my task I will need advice from you all. Thanks again for the welcome.

Steve

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts