Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lift Kit

Storm

Dont have forum for Lift Kits.. least I didnt see one..

Running DR 4.5" Hanger Lift, Eagle 16x10 and BFG 35x12.50 tires.. I got a vib from 60-70mph.. I think is Driveline Shim issue.. Havent checked it but my question is.. If my shims aren't right and I'm picking up that vib.. Is it enough to make the front shake as well? Wasn't sure if the harmonic vibration would radiate throughout the truck..

At high speed my front end feels funny..

Kep4

Jäger
A driveline issue could make the whole truck shake. Sometimes a harmonic vibration can start which will seem to reverberate throughout the truck! Not fun at all.

The front end feeling could be several different things or a combination:
Improper alignment
Out-of-balance tires/wheels
Loose steering box adjustment or steering components
Warped rotors (though you just replaced yours, right?)
Improper tire psi

Overall vibration:
U-joints failing
Tire/wheel balance
The carrier shim as you stated
Pinion bearing failing
Brake rotor problem
Driveshaft out-of-balance (got whacked on a rock for instance)

Hopefully this helps with some ideas to get your PSD vibration free!

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
I hate to say it, but the problems you are having are great reasons NOT to install a lift kit (besides voiding the manufacturer's warranty)!!!

You need to make sure your angle from the transfer case to the drive line is within 5 degrees of the angle from rear end to drive line. Drive line should be straight. That could be your problem. I lift everything I buy. GO BIG OR GO HOME.....

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I always heard "Lift em up boys, Fat chicks can't climb!" LMAO

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
There have been several today!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What's old is new again. Honestly though, unless it's a regularly covered topic, I don't mind.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
What's old is new again. Honestly though, unless it's a regularly covered topic, I don't mind.

Yeah...but you are the supreme post whore :D smilietease

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I see you recognized my motive, in that it allows me to post even more. Blasted, my fool proof plan has been foiled again.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Useless thread revive, Storm (Superduty Lifted with stacks) has now been reduced to no more than a Mist. (audi , or was that an inny)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts