Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Long Tube Install

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So I finally did mine on the bronk, after the F150 engine and exhaust I did, and how awsome it sounded I had to get the long tubes done.

So Heres the prices:
Hedman Long Tubes $40 swap meet
4 90*s 2 45*s and 2 Thrush Welded Mufflers: $100

So for the 1st time the headers fit and didnt touch anything. YESSSS no header fab this time. So I didnt want to make a 2 into 1 again, and I wanted true dual but the bronk is so short this wasnt gonna be fun. Alas I decided id use the room outside the frame. Yea I went there. So using the 90*s I got it from the collectors to the outside. Then from there was put the muffler where I want and then tack it up and full weld it. Here are the pics and a video clip. Sounds so awsome its redic.
IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

It sits level with the frame, looks a bit goofy in the pics, caus i am on the ground. Im a get some high temp black and spray it so you dont see it so much.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not too bad man...not sure how I feel about going outside the frame...but it sounds pretty good.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea it looks kinda hack, i might have to redo it all, it does sound so friggen sick. Like I just want it to tuck up more, ill have to adjust it at work, so I can heat the pipe and bend it. I only tacked the tail pipes just incase.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Had a header leak I finally got rid of with some nice alumn reuseable gaskets. I am lovin how this thing sounds. I did spray it all back so you dont notice it when you look at the bronk. When I have more time to work on her ill tuck the exhaust up more and make it look better. The only reason I went outside the frame was the AOT shift linkage moves down when you shift it, so on my buddys F150 the linkage ended up hittin the exhaust and I had to redo it all and make it lower, and it didnt look too good, not that this looks any better lol.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So I put some chrome tips, and made the tips look like there in the same spot on both sides, sprayed it all black also.
IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Looks good and will look better when you try to move it up a little higher

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts