Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Picked up my new Turbo today!!!!!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
smilieFordlogoCame off a mustang 4.6 and the owner said he was pullin 8psi. I am hoping for 6-8psi on my setup! Now its time to get designing the system. I am also going to have to do a little rebuild on it, but I only paid $30 for it. I figure for that it was worth a try.

I will need to get some info on an e-fan setup for I have never done one and will need the room under the hood for an intercooler and piping. Thinking about relocating the radiator to the bed along with the battery, just to give me more room.

Anyway here are some pics of the new toy!

CIMG0296.jpg

CIMG0297.jpg

CIMG0298.jpg

CIMG0299.jpg

CIMG0300.jpg

CIMG0301.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Lucky SOB...$30...sheesh. So are we gonna get a build thread? And congrats on the score.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
It does have alot of shaft play, but the kid was asking 100 for it! When I told him that he dropped the price quick! LOL And yes there will be a build thread because this will be a long and slick design with custom headers and everything!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ooooooooo...shaft play...I like that...oh wait, I guess not concerning a turbo.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I found a company in MO that supplies parts for them so I will get a rebuild for it and get to designing the headers.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
If you've got any questions about routing and whatnot..I can set ya up with a turbo GURU.......IIRC alot of the Gen2 L's are using PSD Intercoolers. Cheap score man and good luck!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Heck yeah hook me up with his number. I am used ot cummins turbo apps not gasser apps.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
WHOA! nice find dude...i have a turbo that needs to be rebuilt. i was planning on building up a 4.9L twin turbo(sequential setup)...i just need to find a 2wd truck and some money haha

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
Twin turbos on a 300...
Why...

why the hell not!?!?!

think about it...you roll up and everyone asks you, hey what you got under there??? ....a 6 cylinder....."thats it? only a 6??? ill smoke you .." haha ok what ever you say...(blow off valve goes off and they get all like WTF?!?!?!?...and BAM boost goes up and your WA"Y ahead of the game lol

im into weird stuff tllike that haha

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
How fast can you spin a 300?

Stock is good to about 4k...but do a google search looking for race 300's, and you'll find folks spinning them to 8k.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
Stock is good to about 4k...but do a google search looking for race 300's, and you'll find folks spinning them to 8k.

yup, as long as you build them up right they are one hell of a race motor....take that and throw it in an 88 f-150 shortbed 2wd dropped 4in in the rear and 3in in the front, ford 9" rear axle with locker, painted ford blue and you have yourself one hell of a kick *** truck that no one will ever suspect is a twin turbo 300smilieFordlogo :wasntme:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
That was a mock up! LOL didn't quite work the way I wanted!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts