Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My daily driver\work truck

I hit a deer with it last year and had to replace head lights, turn signals and grill. I just used a pry bar to bend the bumper up off the tire and haven't replaced it or the fog lamps yet. I'm thinking of building something out of schedule 80 black pipe, since I've worked at a mechanical piping contractor for 25 years, but that's another post.

autos003.jpg

I've never had to change a tire when it's 70 degrees and sunny. I all ways seem to change them in a foot of snow or mud in the rain, so I mounted the spare in the bed. Besides the last time I changed the tire (last year at a construction site in the snow on frozen mud) I lost the key to the crank hole cover (to lower the spare) after locking back on, so I have to get that damn thing out of there to put the tire back under the bed.

autos005.jpg

autos004.jpg

My dog Gary went for a ride to the car wash with me before the pics. He's busy licking the dash and door in these pics!

autos006.jpg

My truck pulls my pop up camper with no problems, even off road.

camping010.jpg

The deer also dented the hood just a little bit, but not bad for hitting a deer at over 60 mph. Definitely Ford Tough!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
White extended-cab flareside Rangers are pretty trucks, for sure ;)

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Oooo I like white Rangers.I'm not a huge fan of flaresides,but it's still a nice truck.Sucks about hittin the deer,but it's a Ford,so it can take it.lol.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
'97

It's just a little 2wd 4-banger, but it's got a bit over 260k miles on it and still going. Engine's never been touched except routine maintenance, and runs great. The rest of the truck is starting to go, though- needs all new steering box and pump, rear end is noisy, and some other stuff, but it won't get it becauce the frame is starting to rot.

'97

It's just a little 2wd 4-banger, but it's got a bit over 260k miles on it and still going. Engine's never been touched except routine maintenance, and runs great. The rest of the truck is starting to go, though- needs all new steering box and pump, rear end is noisy, and some other stuff, but it won't get it becauce the frame is starting to rot.

Bummer about the frame. I think I saw one of your posts about how you're going to miss the truck. Trust me, you'll find another Ford you'll fall in love with, and have fond memories about the good ol' '97!

Ford Truck Articles