Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new guy

Hey fellows. my name is Clint. Nice looking site you have built here. I used to go to the other site myself and got real tired of the bad information and the flaming and just bad attitudes towards new guys and their questions.
I am also a member of the other site started by another FTE banned member.
I am also a member of a local ford truck site I kind of helped start called carolinafords.org
I have a 71 F100 my dad bought new and gave to me about 27 years or so ago.
I have done a backyard restoration on itincluding a under a tent paintjob. Looks OK to me.
I have pulled the 302 3 sp and after going through a couple different combo's of 351W with c4, aod. etc I have laned on a combo I am very happy with and plan on staying with.
I have a very slightly warmed up 460, c6 and a lockrited 3.25
I am getting around 14 mpg with it and am happy with the power of it.
Just wanted to say hey and tell a bit about myself
clint

blacksnapon

Staff member
Welcome Clint! Post up freely! There isn't anyone in here without the friendly gene!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Hey Clint! Great to see ya here. I think the f100 crowd is starting to grow. Hopefully you'll get what you want from the site. It's a great place to be. Welcome!

Ryan

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Hi I'm kind of schizo here. Not only do I have a F250, which is DIESEL, but also an F150............

So, unfortunately, my loyalties are devided three ways...........

You got to watch me, I'm shifty ;)

Gunner

bobf100

Welcome Clint - I've been out of town for a few days so just now getting around to reading all the posts. We're glad to have another F100 guy. Make yourself at home and post often. YelloThumbUp

welcome Clint. i haven't ck'd yet but show us your F-100.
no Ryan that's not a body part you prevert.

Fellro

Staff member
Don't feel alone Gunner, got the 86 250 diesel, and the 77 250, plus a 92 350 Cummins, then a couple more 84 250's to deal with as well, but not all are just mine, actually, the 350 and the 84 250's aren't but I do all the work on them, and have use of them. I lean diesel for hauling, but gas is fun to play with...:)
FTE is basically good for one thing at least, creating plenty of spin off sites... :rolleyes:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
FTE is basically good for one thing at least, creating plenty of spin off sites... :rolleyes:

They kind of strike me like the Wal Mart of Ford truck sites. You get what you get, and you get treated like you're an inconvience to the moderators, rather than a person.

And they wonder why they're losing people over there

Gunner

Thanks for the welcome ya'll. I hope to see this site grow and be real active. I need another site to go to to get my fix in the mornings.
If FTE keeps on like they are going it should'nt take very long either. lol
I dropped in there the other day k=just for the heck of it and stayed about 2 minutes and was ready to go.
Clint

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Thanks for the welcome ya'll. I hope to see this site grow and be real active. I need another site to go to to get my fix in the mornings.
If FTE keeps on like they are going it should'nt take very long either. lol
I dropped in there the other day k=just for the heck of it and stayed about 2 minutes and was ready to go.
Clint
Welcome to FTF

Any questions you might have (including VIN decoding), feel free to ask them here on FTF.

I have all the parts catalogs, and have owned several of these trucks, a 1968 F250 Ranger and a 1971 F100 Ranger XLT..both of which I purchased new.

I'm on t'other site too, but under a different user name.

Last edited:
Welxcome, clint! hope you find a good home here! I did.
The only one you have to watch for here is the Admenstruator, O'rattleban. He gets a bit power-crazy once in a daytime or so. His shoes are too tight... but then again, so is he....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts