Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

i found me a donor truck

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
i found a 81 f150 lariat of my uncles he's jerkin the engine n trannie for his mustang and im buyin it for $500 for chrome runnin boards chrome rainguards chrome molding and the glasspacks and alluminum a.m. weels then im turnin around n sellin what i dont take for 300$ to my neighbor because he needs a bed and front clip...i think im makin off good what do yall think?.......and im considerin a small (like 2-4'') lift for the truck for a badass look...i kno i kno its only 2wd why lift it for no purpose...but it looks sweet

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
does any one kno of a good place to find a bed liner for my 84 longbed? not spray in or roll on but like pre formed idc if its internet or a retail location bbut i need 1 so i dont keep roughin up my paint

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Go to a truck supply(Accessory) store.

Or go out to some junkyards,I know alot of times there are piles of bedliners that you could probably get for a quick 50 bucks or so.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think you could get more money for the bed and front clip than $300...as for the bed liner, do you have a Tractor Supply Store? They usually stock them.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
ya we got a tsc....id prefer one new or really close to it... im sure any longbed from a 80-96 would fit tho right?.....and this dude has helped me many times in the past and bailed me out countless more i think 300 would be fine with me after all this guy completely built me a 390 in the 76 f150 i usta hav fr free

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Yea,bedliners will fit 80-96.73-79 will also fit,but if you get a bedliner that covers the top of your bedsides,it won't fit since 80-96 Bedsides are a bit wider.I've got a 79 bedliner in my truck that covers the top of the bedsides,and it almost covers the bedsides,but not quite.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
alright bro thanks i appreciate it

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
if i get a gen 6 bedliner n it dnt quite fit ill jus...uhm hmm..." modify" it with a lil southern injinuity

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
if i get a gen 6 bedliner n it dnt quite fit ill jus...uhm hmm..." modify" it with a lil southern injinuity

Your welcome man,i'm thinkin bout doin that with mine in the near future.lol.If you look at this pic,you can see what I mean about the top rails not quite fitting...

modelsandemblems1275.jpg

I actually got that bedliner for free from a buddy.It's an original Ford bedliner from 79,and it came factory in his 79 F150.He didn't want it anymore,and it was takin up space,so he asked if I could take it off his hands since I was the only one he knew who had a truck it would fit.I didn't hesitate.lol.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
oh ya...see if u took a hand held propane torch...you could flatten that little lip out by warmin it up just a little to make it plyable and using a couple pieces of flat stee to flatten it...i wouldnt heat the steel to do it..it may melt to them....if you do it just be careful not to melt it

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
oh ya...see if u took a hand held propane torch...you could flatten that little lip out by warmin it up just a little to make it plyable and using a couple pieces of flat stee to flatten it...i wouldnt heat the steel to do it..it may melt to them....if you do it just be careful not to melt it

I would,but the top rails are already really thin,so It wouldn't really do much.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
see i didnt kno how thin they were...o well it was a good thought.....id do spray in but that stuff is really expensive

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts