Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I feel Loose!

Storm

I got the DR 4.5" Hanger Kit, DR Shocks, DR Dual Dampners and 35s on 16x10s.. She feels loose.. They tightened it all down, locked it up.. I can drive straight and let go of the wheel and she goes straight unless the road contour changes and she leans in a turn, etc..

Something feels weird.. I can't figure it out or even know where to look.. My hubs aren't locked, already checked em.. That boot is still busted on that drag link at the pitman arm drop.. Could that be it? Basically they tightened down that clamp in the middle section infront of the pumpkin (drawing blank on what it is).. I know they cranked it and it made my wheel center steer straight.. Alignment is good I think? I had it done when the lift and 35s went on.. Is it possible its out of alignment again?

OH what is it.. Be good to tell ya'll.. I feel like I have 5" of play left/right when i move the wheel before the actual wheel moves.. She just feels like she wanders but I can set the wheel straight and let go.. Maybe its my nerves? I dunno.. I checked all the bolts, nothing feels loose..

Any advice guys?

Storm

Could it be my tires just rolling on rough roads? I do have BFG 315/75R16 on 16x10.. I did hear that their sidewalls are kinda soft and will roll.. My buddy has 35s Xtreme AT and he doesnt wander but his are on 17" wheels..

center of gravity on lifted trucks makes them feel weird. not saying that's your issue but i jacked a dodge i had several yrs back and took it out in a week because i hated the"feel". it was all in balance

blacksnapon

Staff member
When you change the geometry of the suspension, things happen. Is the pitman arm drop enough? How about the panhard bar (the bar from the frame to the axle)? When hitting bumps, the radius of the steering arms is such that the length changes, making the wheels "turn".

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts